Connect with confidence. Release the fear and doubt that’s keeping you back!
The djembe tells us the history of the Malinke ethnic group in West Africa. It brings people together and spreads joy throughout the village.
This sacred drum is usually played and taught by men, but most, if not all, of the rhythms came from women singing, dancing, and clapping.
In each class, you’ll have an chance to:
- Learn how to play the djembe drum in a supportive environment
- Challenge your inner critic and leave self-doubt behind
- Slow down your mental chatter and speed up relaxation
- Tone your arms and wrists through hand drumming
- Counteract burnout by engaging your mind, body, and spirit
At the end of the course, you’ll be able to play a traditional West African rhythm and proper djembe techniques!
“You don’t feel like the odd one out…You feel like you belong!”
When I first started taking drumming classes with Michelle, I was really timid. But…now I feel a lot more confident!”
Sarah Hillock, www.sarahhillock.com
Beginners are especially welcomed and drums will be provided.
Next Beginner’s drum course will start July 11, 2013!
Location: 1139 College St.
Date: July 11-25 (3 weeks)
Registration deadline: July 1
Please note: Classes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Photo credit: Photography by Ardean Peters